Friday, July 25, 2008

Bon Iver show, Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson, and other fun bits...

*Note: (I think my email subscription notifier has been out of wack. So you may need to sign up again, or for the first time:) I think it is working now but who knows...)

First off, saw Bon Iver on Friday at the Space Gallery here in Portland and it was soooo goood! I can't even begin to say how good it was. They were really down to earth guys in the band, the lead singer looked like my buddy Volker from the west coast. They were all amazing musicians and amazing singers with great harmonies. And at the end of the show, the lead singer sang "Skinny Love" on a stool in the center of the crowd, came off the stage and set up shop amidst all the people. He was joined by the opening band as well as his band and it was a great sing-along. Great, great stuff. Check out some of his stuff over at Daytrotter here.

You can see myself W2 and B in amongst the onlookers, This was the encore... (click on pix for larger image)



Here's another (thanks to Bryan Bruchman who took these pix and was so quick to put them on flickr. Don't know you Bryan, but thank you so much and I don't really know the etiquette for doing this so if I did something wrong, let me know)


Then there is Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson. The song that caught my attention is about his own death and funeral (I think) but it isn't sad or melancholy sounding really. It is daydreamy, folky sounding and it is called "Buriedfed". The names to be dropped here are Grizzly Bear (guys from the group back him up and produce) and TV On the Radio member Kyp Malone as well. Here is a video and an mp3...

Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson - Buriedfed

And here is the video courtesy of Pitchfork TV:



(He also has a Daytrotter session here. God Daytrotter is awesome!)

And perusing Pitchfork TV turned up some fun stuff, check these out...New Fatboy Slim BPM project called Toe Jam...A bit racy in a fun way...



And I have posted about this before but I am really digging them. Here are the Last Shadow Puppets again with "Standing Next to Me"



I have more discoveries but I think this is enough for now...Enjoy!

Peace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff. Is that David Byrne singing in the group Toe Jam.
Mr. T

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah. Nice work New York! That show left me breathless.

King Roomie Rock said...

Nice on the Last Shadow Puppets...very cool...

HitTail

HitTail.com