Sunday, January 17, 2010

Albums 2009




Okay, here we go. Figured out my technical difficulties. Unfortunately, all the old mp3's can't be accessed anymore, sorry.


Top albums of 2009 - Not necessarily in any order:


Islands -Vapours

Great album, more in the tradition of the "Return to Sea" album. Great, poppy, catchy indie rock hooks that I can't get enough of. Take a listen:

Tender Torture.mp3

The xx - S/T

These guys have my favorite; the guy girl vocals, a groovy base, a slow boil. Gotta love it.

Check it:

Crystalised.mp3

Probably the album I listened to the most and enjoyed over the longest sustained time period was the benefit album "Dark Was the Night". It had numerous excellent songs. Here is a sample and if you want to read more I blogged about it earlier in the year here.

Take a listen:

So Far Around The Bend - The National mp3

Feeling Good - My Brightest Diamond mp3

One more for today and more to come. Here are Camera Obscura with the album "My Maudlin Career", one of my favorites of the last several years. Beautiful harmonies, catchy hooks and excellent tunes...

French Navy.mp3

More in the days to come, enjoy these and sorry for the delay and technical difficulty, (if anyone is out there and cares that is)

Peace and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Alberto! thanks for posting this and round two! I look forward to an evening of sitting down and listening to your links, many of which I haven't heard - still enjoying our mix from the summer, with isaac's faves: bon iver and "this tornado loves you" - you're the best, we miss you all! u

HitTail

HitTail.com