Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Zombies and a Young Rival





Avoiding responsibilities for a second here. Had to post about The Zombies. I have had Zombies on the brain since rappin with Mr. LivefromApt during a Celtics game recently. I was playing my "Best 60's music" playlist when they came on and Ryan was all over that shit. Then Stereogum hooks me up with a tune that totally reminds me of The Zombies as well. The Zombies were old-school, contemporaries of the Beatles early on. They wrote awesome funky, bluesy tunes with great harmonies. Check it out for yourselves:

First the new song: Young Rival-4:15
And for your aural pleasure:

The Zombies-She's Not There



They wrote "Time of the Season" which is awesome. They disappeared and some of their members went on to solo stuff. I think they just suffered from bad timing and people just not ready.

The Zombies-Time of the Season




I've been listening to a lot of great early 60's and 70's New York latin music. I will post some of that soon.

Peace

No comments:

HitTail

HitTail.com