Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Beirut on the way



Beirut is due to come out with some new music. Their music is just beautiful. Well, really it is the work of a musical prodigy by the name of Zach Condon who, to my surprise (considering the styles of music) is originally from Alburquerque, N.M. Under the name Beirut they have come out with two full length albums, both of which I still really enjoy. They range from Eastern European inspired horns, gypsy-like music to old-school french inspired music, (but not exactly). The first one is called "Gulag Orkestar" and I have enjoyed it so much it made my "so good I purchase it on vinyl" philosophy. They have two new EPs coming out February 17th. One, titled "March of the Zapotec", collects six new tracks partially recorded in Oaxaca, Mexico and features contributions from the 19-piece Banda Jimenez. The second, "Holland", is credited to Realpeople, another, old project name of Zach Condon's but featuring new music.
Track listings:

Beirut: March of the Zapotec:

01 El Zocalo
02 La Llorna
03 My Wife
04 The Akara
05 On a Bayonet
06 The Shrew

Realpeople: Holland:

01 My Night With a Prostitute From Marseille
02 My Wife, Lost in the Wild
03 Venice
04 The Concubine
05 No Dice

From Stereogum:

And an old one from the "Elephant Gun" EP



Postcards From Italy-mp3

Enjoy!

No comments:

HitTail

HitTail.com