Saturday, March 1, 2008

High Fever Blues

 
Posted by Picasa


Last night Mr. Corey Harris came through our frozen tundra of a state. He is class of '91 from Bates University and Lewiston got blessed with a free show by a great blues and roots guitarist and songwriter. I got lucky and got 3 tickets and then one thing led to another and I had 2 extra tix. (Yes I am that popular). Anyway my man Mr. T came through and we hustled up to Lewiston half assed and just barely made it by the 7:30 deadline to pick up the tickets or else. After using some Jedi mind tricks, Mr. T found the Olin Arts Center, we strolled in to an amazingly intimate 300 person venue all specially engineered for sound. We got so hooked up. He played blues, reggae, some african influenced, beautiful instrumental guitar pieces, and basically just took us to the river. It was at times folky as well, with some protest songs of his own, usually in the reggae idiom. I highly recommend Mr. Corey Harris' music and also check out his role in the blues documentary he did, Feel like Going Home. (produced by Martin Scorsese).

High Fever Blues (solo version)

clip from the film "Feel Like Going Home"


Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad the show was all that. Corey Harris kills. His work with Ali Sr. is nice and probably the highlight for me to the series.

HitTail

HitTail.com