Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ooh, check this out...New Breeders



I am a big music fan, in case you haven't noticed. And I love lots of music. What kind of music do I like? Good music. In my opinion, there is a lot of good music. And while I think I am a little more snobbish than I should or would like to be, I am still open-minded. This is one that my snobbery instinct tells me to just write off, but the Pixies were sooo good...I remember when The Breeders album came out how cool the whole concept was (cool rock and roll girl from the pixies gets her own band together and rocks out). I got turned off at the time from them, mainly because Cannonball, their big single from that album was played on mtv and on the radio ad nauseum. That was back before I stopped listening to radio (aside from college radio and some public radio). But I always did love that song. Anyway, The Breeders have a new album coming out and here is a song from it. I think it sounds pretty tight, and very fun. Nothing Dylanesque or anything, but I still think Kim Deal is the shizzz..(That's her above)

The Breeders-Bang On

And here is the infamous...

The Breeders-Cannonball (Sorry, my copy has a tiny skip somewhere)

In other news, The Black Keyes have some newness...have a listen over at Stereogum.

Peace

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yopu must give a listen to the Ravonettes Lust Lust Lust....they bring to mind the Breeders, Portishead and some other good stuff to. Thanks for the tip about the Keyes...I love that grime.

vem said...

Its nice to see female musicians being written about on your blog. Keep it up :)

King Roomie Rock said...

Cannonball...dope bass and that drummer from GBV is playing on his drum stands with black drumsticks...

Gigantic is my fav Deal moment...backup on Bone Machine, Broken Face, and Debaser...the perfect fit.

Anonymous said...

I saw the Pixies during their reunion a few years ago. She looks like a soccer mom now. So precious.

HitTail

HitTail.com